Repeat Bloody Mary three times in the dark while standing in front of a mirror and the vengeful witch will supposedly pay you a visit.
So treat yourself to the real thing over the Halloween weekend
Bloody Mary Shots
- ½ shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. horseradish, freshly grated
- 1½ sticks celery
- 200 g tomatoes, chopped
- 2½ tbsp. celery salt
- 1½ tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 500 ml tomato juice
- 4 tbsp. vodka
- 1 tbsp. amontillado (or other dry sherry)
1. Place shallot, horseradish, 1 celery stick, tomatoes, ¼ tsp. celery salt, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, black pepper and juice from ½ lemon in a liquidiser and blend until smooth.
2. Strain the mixture through a sieve, using the back of a metal spoon to push it through. Stir in tomato juice, vodka and sherry.
3. Just before serving, wet the rims of six small glasses with the other ½ lemon, then turn each one upside down and dip the rim into a saucer filled with celery salt. Trim the remaining ½ celery stick, cut it in half lengthways, then cut each half into 3 batons of equal size (using a slanted cut).
4. Divide the Bloody Mary between glasses and place a baton in each to serve.
Find other spooky tea ideas in Angel Adoree’s new book, The Vintage Tea Party Book, available online at amazon.co.uk, £10.