An eco-tourism concept
The resort provides an alternative means to explore the Swiss Alps. With the use of the pods (dome shaped tents), pitched on wooden platforms, Whitepod offers low impact accommodation in an untouched and pristine alpine environment. Isolated from all urban pollution, the mountain region lends itself beautifully to such an eco-tourism development.
The camp opened on the 20th of December 2011
The Whitepod domain is
- 15 geodesic-dome pods surrounding a central chalet called the Pod-house
- The chalet Les Cerniers, a traditional wooden chalet which acts as base-camp for the whole resort, and offers an inventive and refined cuisine in its new restaurant
- 7km of ski slopes with private ski lifts
- The Alpage de Chindonne, an authentic mountain lodge, which can accommodate up to 80 guests in rooms of dormitories, and its traditional Swiss restaurant
The Whitepod resort is the ultimate mountain escape for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike!
An eco-tourism concept
Whitepod aims to be a model for sustainable tourism by using a number of measures to limit its impact on nature, for example
- Minimize daily water and electricity consumption
- Reduce waste production
- Favor the use of renewable resources
- Increase the clients’ awareness of environment protection
A pod is a geodesic structure anchored on wooden platforms, and naturally isolated from the cold and the snow – all pods are equipped with wood-burning stoves, organic luxury bedding and full services bathrooms.
At the center of the 15 pods, stands a charming early 1800s wooden chalet where guests meet for breakfast in the morning or gather in the evening around its central fireplace for evening drinks and socializing.
The recently built spa guarantees complete relaxation after an active day in the forest or on the ski slopes.
Cost for 2 people €325 weekdays, €480 at weekends
- Buffet breakfast at the Pod-house. Access to the relaxation area, All equipment necessary for the stay – back bag, headlights, snowshoes, sledge, Access to our private ski slopes, Free WIFI at the Pod-house, Tea-Time – afternoon tea & pastries served everyday, Parking, All taxes
Discover their Romantic Package for 2 people, 2 nights in a pod
- Welcome drink
- Dinner for 2 at the chalet Les Cerniers
- Candle lit dinner served in your pod, Gourmet basket, Champagne
- Guided snowshoeing tour (small group of maximum 8 people) Half day,
Equipment and picnic provided.
One Aromatherapy massage for 2
- Price for 2 people & 2 nights
CHF 1’580 / EUR 1’280
Thursday & Friday = CHF 1’780 / EUR 1’450
Friday & Saturday = CHF 1’980 / EUR 1’610
Saturday & Sunday = CHF 1’780 / EUR 1’450
For all information www.whitepod.com