by courtesy of Silvia Lorenzini for The Lake District Blog
Lake Maggiore and Lake Orta, between the Provinces of Novara and Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, are connected by green hills and by… great music.
There is a rich calendar of music events and festivals, awaiting you during the Spring-Summer Season 2012.
- May 9th-September 30th on Mondays and Fridays at 21 Regina Palace Hotel:“Dino Ciani” Concerts.
- May 21st-June 4th – Villa Pallavicino: 3 open-air “Spring Concerts” by “Settimane Musicali of Stresa and Lake Maggiore”-50th Edition, that is those by Enrico Rava Tribe, Charlie Haden Quartet West and Al Di Meola New World Sinfonia. Special ticket including visits to the park of Villa Pallavicino, the “Alpinia” alpine garden (Stresa), the botanical garden of Villa Taranto (Verbania) and Mottarone mount as well as a trip on the amazing “Alpyland” sledge.
- July 29th-August 5th: “Music Meditations” – “Stresa Festival” (Info: http://www.stresafestival.eu).
- August 20th-September 4th: Verbania “Travel Notes” – “Stresa Festival” (Info: http://www.stresafestival.eu).
- In June and July: Baveno: “ClassicaMente”, chamber music concerts and conventions designed around the theme “historical villas of Pallanza and on the lake” such as Villa Giulia and Villa Rusconi Clerici (Info:firstname.lastname@example.org).
- July 8th-17th – Villa Fedora: “Umberto Giordano” Classic Music Festival with Academies of Music from Milan and Turin (Info: email@example.com; http://www.festivalgiordano.it).
Summer Season in Arona: Arona
- February 11th-May 21st – Arona “Salina Foundation” Congress-Palace: “Primavera in Musica”-VII edition, with artists such as Rubistein Philarmony, Pomeriggi Musicali Orchestra from Milan, Edoardo Zosi and Elena Ciccarelli (Info: Tel. +39 0322 243438 ; http://www.fondazionesalinaarona.it).
- June 11th-July 9th – Arona S. Maria Nuova Parish Church: “Sonata d’Organi” Festival-VI edition, 4 concerts of pipe organ music. Free entry (Info: http://www.sonataorgani.it).
- From June to September in different towns of the lake region: “Un Paese a Sei Corde”-VI edition, guitar music concerts with Italian as well as foreign musicians (Info: http://www.unpaeseaseicorde.it).
- June 18th-26th – Villa Tallone on the Island S. Giulio: “Ancient Music Festival of Cusio” organized by “Amici della Musica Vittorio Cocito” Association (Info: Tel. +39 0321 620400 ).